Friday, July 11, 2008

lazy day


I had the laziest of possible lazy days today. I started out with good intentions. I rented a bike from my hostel and got a map of the local trails through the mountains. My intention was to ride all day, to an old monestary, to some castle ruins, you know - have a day of peace and solitude in the mountains. Find myself, all that. Well, here's the thing about today - it's friggin hot. And here's the thing about being in a "cute mountain town," you have to ride uphill to got anywhere. So after huffing and puffing for about 2 hours, I finally reached the old monestary, but by that time I didn't much care. Instead of spending a few crowns on a ticket to see the place, I bought a popsicle and turned around to go back. I put my ipod in, cruised down the mountain, and returned to my hostel where I promptly put on my bathing suit and trekked out to the closest place with water. I laid on a sheet near the river ALL DAY. I alternated between the highly stressful activities of reading, listening to music, and sleeping, with an occasional dip in the river sprinkled in just for fun. I did exert a bit of energy to cook dinner with some friends (pasta with tomato sauce, veggies, and ham) in the hostel kitchen. But now I'm just sittin' back with a vodka grapefruit juice and I intend to not move very much for the rest of the night - except maybe to get my dignity back in a ping-pong rematch. I know, my life is hard. Throw me your sympathy.

1 comment:

sbl said...

Lazy days here, too. I'd be happy just to be lazy for te rest of 2008!