Saturday, September 20, 2008

Things to look forward to

To continue with the list-making trend as a way to bring an illusion of order to the mess that is my life, I offer you another one -

Things to look forward to this week:

Saturday
I'm trying to look forward to my band's gig tonight. My uterus is currently punishing me for being a woman, so standing on stage for an hour being rocker-chick isn't exactly what I'd like to be doing tonight, but I'll do my best.

Sunday
Spending the entire morning in my new bed, sleeping, reading, drinking coffee. I might see if my roommates would mind if we brought the TV, DVD player, coffee maker, and kitchen table into my bedroom so I can use them all without leaving my bed. Hmmm. . .
Free, delicious, homemade Pakistani food with good company at my new friend's house (Yes, I made a new friend! Several, actually! I might be able to partake in this dinner as a weekly event! I'm trying not to show them how excited I am about it! The exclamation marks aren't helping!)

Monday
Date with boyfriend. Possibly home-cooked, romantic-type meal.

Tuesday
I couldn't think of anything for Tuesday, so my roommate suggested I treat myself to something special after work. I think that's a brilliant idea. Maybe a new Cd. Maybe a new pair of shoes. Maybe new clothes. Maybe a splurge of a beauty product that I would never usually buy - like exfoliating stuff for my face or some kind of fancy hair conditioner. Maybe all of the above.

Wednesday
We get our new laptops from work! Every teacher is getting their own Fujitsu tablet laptop! I've been holding out on buying a new one for over a year, waiting for this moment! (For those of you that don't know, my current laptop is 6 years old, beeps for 5 minutes when you turn it on, takes about 20 minutes to start once it's done beeping, and has broken shift, backslash, and question mark keys. Oh - and you can't make a capital p. I'm going to go Office Space on its ass when I get a new one!)
Possibility of second date with boyfriend, if boyfriend decides he feels like it. I know - romantic.

Thursday
First day of new yoga session.
My "easy" day at school. (My kids have lots of specials classes.)

Friday
I couldn't think of anything for Friday either. When I asked my roommate for ideas for Friday, she said, "Isn't being Friday enough to look forward to?" She doesn't understand. Fridays have been my least favorite days since my separation. When you don't have something to do on a Tuesday, it's normal. It's just a lazy weekday. But when you don't have something to do on a Friday, it's depressing and embarrassing. So I think I might try to go up to Pennsylvania to see a friend for the weekend.


And that's my week. If anyone has anything exciting to add to the list for me, please let me know!

3 comments:

Sarah Mae said...

Come visit me and we'll eat pizza rolls and watch chick flicks (all the while having children throwing random things around the room - but they go to bed around 6:30!)

"Uncle" Travelling Mel said...

Oh I would love to! I don't know when I can get away, but that sounds really nice! (I've been craving Thelma & Louise lately. . .care to enjoy old school Brad Pitt with me?)

Sarah Mae said...

I'm in! Let me know when you are free! :)