Wednesday, June 25, 2008

first night in Paris





Explanation of pics:
My first night in Paris found me eating beer and cheese fondue. For those of you who have known me for more than five minutes, you know that there's not much that can make me happier than a pot of melted cheese to dip stuff into. I wanted to go swimming in it. (I didn't.) At said fondue joint, I met three lovely Canadians; siblings travelling through Europe together. We spent the rest of the evening together. The brother with the hat is a hip-hop recording artist who had a video camera and was using it to interview people under the guise of a fake mtv-type show. He was pretty hilarious. The other brother used to manage his brother's band, but is now planning to return to school for Islamic studies; a kind, intelligent soul. The sister was quiet except when she was laughing at her brothers' antics, but also very sweet. We walked around for hours, at one point stopping to watch this fire-juggler in front of Notre Dame (the pic is sideways - mom, how do i fix that?) The last pic is blurry but still a nice shot of me in front of the Seine.

1 comment:

Sandy Cobb said...

Melanie has always made friends easily, wherever she went, whether at her brother's ballgame, a doctor's waiting room, or at the grocery store. For those reading this, Melanie would go up to another child and say, "Hi, my name is Melanie. Would you like to play with me?", or "Would you like to be my friend?" Usually, she'd get a positive response, but sometimes the child would turn into their mother's leg, with no comment. Now, she's widening her group of friends, internationally! Who would have thunk it? Just use discretion, in your choices, honey. That's my mom advice for the day. ;) You'll have to write a book after this trip, with pictures. Thanks SO much for keeping in touch so well, so far.
Much love to you, Melanie,
Mom