Tuesday, June 24, 2008

azerty

Well I'm here! This is the view from my window. I'm staying in a little suburb called Montrouge, just outside Paris proper. Unfortunately, my blog entries will have to be short here, because among other things, their keyboards are laid out differently. It's not a QWERTY, it's an AZERTY. Damn French. They don't know how to start an illegal war with terrorists and they certainly don't know how to make keyboards. Other things that are different so far: everyone smokes, but only in their kitchens; the toilet paper is in tiny little pink squares, not on a roll (this has been a bit of a challenge so far I must say); the cars are as tiny as matchbox cars; no air conditioning anywhere in the city (you don't really need it though); and everyone is rather gorgeous. I think I'm about to go meet up with this band from LA that I met on the plane. Stay tuned. . .

No comments: