Wednesday, November 12, 2008

PSHEW!

Two enlightening conversations with a Kindergartner at my school:

Him: Um, excuse me, but are ghosts real?
Me: What do you think?
H: I think they are just real in your head. I don't believe in ghosts.
M: Ok.
H: But I believe in god. And I believe in skeletons cuz they're inside your body.
M: Ok. That's good.
(He nods with satisfaction and walks away.)

Me: What are you drawing?
Him: It's me playing. It's what I like to play when I'm alone.
M: What is that coming out of your neck?
H: A napkin.
(short pause . . . wait for more)
H: I put a napkin in the back of my shirt as my . . . my - what's it called?
M: Cape?
H: Yeah, my cape. And here's my power belt. I open my belt and then PSHEW! All this stuff comes out that I can fight people with.
M: So it's when you play superheros?
H: No.
M: Ok.

1 comment:

Sarah Mae said...

haha! I love how kids brains work!

I told Ella to slip on her shoes and she looked at me funny and said, "I don't wanna SLIP on my shoes" - as in fall. Smart gal...

Did I already tell you that story?